Verified Reviewer

My name is Debbie Meyer, I have stayed in Red Roif Inns in many states. Some ok and some excellent.

And now one really in bad shape.

We checked into the red roof inn in Cookeville TN at about 9:30. My grand daughter in the next room, took a shower reached for a towel only to discover that their towels were not clean. Her mom tried to call down to the office. The phone didnt work She called me on her cell and I took her our towels, and said I'd call.

I did try to call down, but our phone in the room did not work either.

So I called on my cell phone 3 times, and the line was busy each time. So I called the reservation number. In the mean time we discovered our toilet was clogged and would not flush.

When I talked to the reservation person and explained what was going on. She said she would get ahold of the people here.

I stayed on the line and a different lady was now on the very statically line and I told her we had just checked into rooms 260 and 261 and what our problems were. I asked for some fresh towels, told her about the phones not working, and about the clogged toilet.

She said it

would be a bit but she'd bring some clean towels. She said none of the phones in the rooms were working, and she said she didn't have any housekeeping or matainence to come about the toilet. I asked if she at least had a plunger and she said yes, I said could you bring it up?

She said she would.

She brought the towels and plunger which my husband used but to no avail.

He plunged up some very foul stuff but it would not clear.

I awoke about 2:00 am and had to urinate. I did so in the bathroom and flushed the toliet out of habit. That wasn't a good idea

. The toliet overflowed and flooded the tiny bathroom.

I tried calling the hotel number on my cell again and it was busy. I threw the dirty towels on the floor and cleaned up the water until they were soaked.

Washed my hands and feet and went to bed . My daughter is Heather Golay.

WORST STAY EVER.