We checked into Rm#124 at Red Roof Inn #349, Portland, Oregon, on Dec. 13th at 2:45 am. The night Desk Clerk on duty was Mike and he was courteous and properly accommodating. Our check in was very pleasant and quick. Our room appeared clean and our bed was comfortable. For our morning coffee we discovered the In-Room Coffee Service that was supplied had been used by a previous guest and it had not been cleaned by the hotel staff. There were several old and dried filters filling the machine. I took a photo and showed it to the morning Desk Clerk, Eric, who told me that most people just shrug it off. I asked if there were anything he could offer as satisfactory resolution and his response was, "Don't come back." We checked out at 10:30 am after taking photos of our room.
Monday, Dec. 14th I tried contacting the manager, Nick Patel, in order to connect with him about our experience. I was told by a female desk clerk his hours are from 10 am-3 pm. I called at 11:50 am and again at 2:00 pm and was told both times that he was not on the premises. I tried again on Tuesday, the 15th, at 10:36 am, Eric answered and after being put on hold he said, "He's not picking up right now." I called back 2:12 pm and Eric said he would transfer the call, pushed key tones on the phone then hung up the call. I returned the call two minutes later and explained I was disconnected and to please try again and Eric hung up the phone.
I am contacting corporate about this matter only because I have stayed at this property before and did not experience such discourteous behavior and lack of customer service in the past. I would not expect the manager to be virtually unreachable unless his employee, Eric, is representative of the manager in his I-Don't-Care attitude. I would venture to say the latter given the most recent reviews of this property I have read since this last weekend.
I hope, by this effort, to correct a very poor representation of the company, it's policies, and commitment to offer excellent and friendly service to all the guests in every Red Roof Inn, no matter it's location or who is managing, and that every employee exemplifies a positive image of the company.
At the time of this writing, we have not yet been refunded our $100 deposit. We see it is still being held in a pending status and it has not been 72 hours. We expect it to be released back into our account soon. Please note that a review of this hotel claims the manager, Nick Patel, withheld a deposit because the guests used and dirtied the towels. I want to believe this is utter nonsense but I admit, in light of my recent experience, I am a little concerned.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Red Roof Inn Portland Or
- Review category
- Hotels and Resorts
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " I stayed at the red roof Inn in Mohave California I thought I was in the ghetto in south-central LA very disturbed by the clientele that was there everyone..."
- " I cannot begin to describe my shock and dismay of the hotel encountered on a road trip. I have never experienced anything like this in my life and I've..."
- "See dirt in pictures below. Air filter was matted. Furniture was broken see master bed propped up on logs. Dish washer was full of water, we cleaned..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "My one and only advise...stay away ...like really far away...nothing but disappointment ..."
- "SO, SO VERY UNHAPPY with MY ENGLANDER MATTRESS. . I only weigh 135 pounds and 1 1/2 years and $1700.00 later this mattress is sagging in the..."
- "I was having alcohol withdrawals, shakes, delusions and went to the VA emergency in Portland OR. they kept me on day 9/11/2016 and sent me home. I was still suffering..."
- "Hello, I first tried the free 7-day trial of PPG over 2 months ago as I was looking for any additional help with chronic pain due to..."