Verified Reviewer

1.1

I have booked 5 nights at the RED ROOF INN in Madison Heights MI, in February 2020. I paid $265.05 when I booked on PRICELINE and when I checked in at the RED ROOF INN the same day, the front desk employee asked me to pay again $265,05.

I showed her my proof of payment on the PRICELINE website which was not just a pre-payment, but a full payment (and I could prove the day after that this amount has been debited on my account).

She said I had to pay, Priceline has not debited my card, which was not true.

It was late evening and I was tired, so I paid a second time knowing that I would have to talk to the Manager the next day.

When I came to my room there was a strong smell of cigarette smoke. Around the rooms, there was also a strong smell of pod. I asked the day after to change the room which they kindly accepted. The second room had also a strong smell of smoke but only in the bathroom + it was not clean.

I told them but I had no other choice than accepting this one cause all the other rooms were booked or not available. I decided to leave the hotel after 2 nights and I asked to talk to Mr. CUSTOVIC the Hotel Manager. He understood the problem and he reimbursed the 3 other nights.

I showed him that I had to pay twice my 5 nights and he said he would take care of the problem and make sure I would get my money back for the other $265.05. He promised he would reimburse me, I just should wait 1 or 2 days, until the wire appears on my account.

Two days later, since nothing seemed to be done, I came back with a friend and Mr. CUSTOVIC promised me again that everything has been done, I just need to wait a few more days until the refund appeared on my account. I could not come back a second time because I had to catch my flight back to Europe the same day.

In the meantime, I wrote several emails to Mr. CUSTOVIC.

He NEVER answered any of my emails and HE STILL DID NOT REIMBURSE ME. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AND I WILL DO EVERYTHING TO GET MY MONEY BACK!

I am waiting for my reimbursement!!!

Best regards,

Nadine BAUR

Product or Service Mentioned: Red Roof Inn Manager.

Red Roof Inn Cons: Management unresponsive, Dirty linens, Bad outside appearance.

Comments