Verified Reviewer

I contacted Red Roof Inn, in Somerset, Kentucky, at approximately 11:15 am, on Saturday November 26, 2020. I asked about availability and prices.

I was told there were no rooms available, at that time, but there would be one available at 12:30 pm. I was quoted the price, of a room, for $55. I spoke with a male and told him I would arrive around that time. When I arrived, a male was working at the front desk.

I explained I had called and was told I could come at 12:30 p.m. The man asked for my license and said the price would be approximately $78. I explained I was told $55, over the phone. He said that was incorrect.

I had been driving and had no sleep; therefore, I utilized my debit card, to pay the amount, as I felt it was unsafe to continue to drive elsewhere. Upon arriving at the room, #226, I smelled a strong odor. It smelled as body odor and as if the room had not been cleaned. I attempted to contact the front desk; however, the telephone, in the room, did not work.

I then noticed the alarm clock, beside the phone, also did not work. I contacted the front desk on my cellphone to advise of the odor. The man said someone would come to spray air freshener. After waiting 5-10 minutes, and no one came, I went to my car and got my own air freshener.

I returned to the room and a lady had arrived. She had 2 cans of air freshener and was spraying the room. After she left, I went back in. I checked the bed sheets, as I always do when staying away from home.

The bedding did not have a "clean" scent. I then checked other areas of the room. There was a drink in the refrigerator and a towel, in the floor, in the closet area, adjacent to the sink. There was also a towel, that appeared to have been used, on the bathtub.

I also noticed the ceiling had patches missing and the odor had returned. I then then Red Roof Inn and went to a friends house, who lives nearby, to get some rest. I then returned to Red Roof Inn, within a couple of hours. I rechecked the room to make sure everything I had noticed prior, was still present.

It was. I took the door cards to the front desk and noticed a different woman, and a child, were there. I asked for the manager. The lady acted as if she didn't hear me.

I had already laid the cards on the desk. She then said, "Oh, are you checking out?" I said I was and asked for the manager again. Again, she didn't acknowledge I had said anything. I then left.

I am very dissatisfied with the misrepresentation of the price, lack of customer service, the presentation of the room and the odor that would not go away.

I was at Red Roof Inn for approximately 2 hours- this includes from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. I would like a full refund, as I was unable to utilize the room and have already paid.

Red Roof Inn Cons: Lack of social skills from management, Disgusting interior rooms, Everything do not stay.

Location: 1201 North Highway 27, Somerset, KY 42503

Comments

#1931969

It sounds like the sheets hadn't been changed from the previous stinky guest. Its a good thing that you didn't sleep in that bed. You probably would have caught headlice and crablice and would have gotten bitten by bedbugs.

Red Roof Inn Reviews